TOP 10 QUIT TIPS
You hear lots of tips about quitting tobacco. Here are 10 of the most useful:
- Set a quit date and make a quit plan.
- Tell family, friends and co-workers about your quit plan, and ask for their support.
- Talk to your doctor. They can give you advice, resources, and medication.
- Throw out all tobacco and related products (ash trays, lighters) from your home, work, and car.
- Put sugar free gum or hard candy in all the places you used to keep tobacco. They help with cravings.
- Exercise and get outside.
- Brush your teeth often.
- Get rid of the smell of tobacco in your home and car by washing, vacuuming and cleaning the drapes, carpets, and walls.
- Avoid places and people that involve smoking.
- Take deep breaths; if you can wait just five minutes, a craving usually passes.